Christmas is almost near and a lot of people are having guests over or enjoying parties with family friends and co-workers. With all the other things we need to get done for the holiday baking is often last on the list. If you find yourself needing something for a party and don’t have too much time or if your not too into baking, this Cracker candy is a great alternative. I have to say it is so addictive, give as much away as possible or you may find yourself wanting to eat the whole tray. Enjoy!!
Sweet and Salty Cracker Candy
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 12-ounce bag of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place the crackers on cookie sheet, place them in neat rows.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high, melt butter and brown sugar together and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and pour caramel mixture over the cracker layer.
- Spread with a heat resistant spatula to cover all crackers completely.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, or until just bubbly.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers. When chips start to melt, spread them over crackers, I use a slanted metal icing spatula.
- Let chocolate harden, break into pieces.
I share my recipes at many link parties like THE COUNTRY COOK, to find out where else I link up click the link above where it says recipe link parties. (Sorry my blog is acting up, I can’t add a direct link to the Country cook on this page but you can find it on my recipe link page)