My son recently went to culinary class at the high school. He came home excited to try homemade noodles with pesto. We made the noodles, but used homemade pesto due to the stay at home orders at the time we made this. I can’t believe how good these noodles are and they are so easy to make.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add the beaten eggs plus olive oil.
- Combine until dough forms. If you feel the dough is too dry or too wet add either more flour or water not too much of either. It will be hard to find a balance if you start adding too much.
- Let the dough rest about 15 minutes on the counter with a dry, clean dish towel covering dough
- Once rested roll out onto a floured surface as thin as you can. At least 1/4 inch.
- Using a pizza cutter cut the dough into long strips.
- Place the dough into a boiling pot of water cook about 8 minutes or until noodles cooked through
- Serve with Pesto or your favorite sauce.
One good thing I found about quarantine was that I could spend so much more fun time with my family. It was great waking up and making a great breakfast and eating together at the breakfast table. I was limited what I could make because the store were out of stock on many items, but I did have English muffins and bacon. That is a great combo in my opinion. While this is a simple meal I figured I would post it as a reminder of what we can make with just a few ingredients.
Bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich
The recipe is for a family of 4
4 English muffins
4 slices American cheese
8 slices bacon
Start by making your bacon, I bake mine, you can check my site for directions.
Toast the English muffins.
make one egg at a time , crack an egg in a small bowl, whip the egg for a few seconds. In a warm greased fry pan add egg to the middle slowly using a spatula keep the egg in the middle to make a circle the size of the English muffin. cook until done.
Add the egg to toasted English muffin, add slice of cheese and bacon on the egg, top with English muffin. Cheese melts on the egg without needing to add cheese to fry pan.
Have a Safe and Fun Day!!
It’s Christmas in July and I have a few tips for you on how to make it memorable.
- Watch all your favorite Christmas movies during the month. I have a list of all my movies that I put together so I don’t purchase a movie I already have. I love having that list so I can look at it and see which movies I already have and can watch with my family.
- 12 Men of Christmas
- A Christmas Carol, Animated Jim Carrey
- A Christmas Story
- A Royal Christmas
- A Season for Miracles
- A Very Merry Mix-Up
- A Very Merry Muppet Christmas
- Alvin & The Chipmunks, A Chipmunk Christmas
- An Elf Story
- Arthur Christmas
- Christmas Eve On Sesame Street
- Christmas Vacation
- Come Dance With Me
- Elmo Saves Christmas
- Emmett Otter’s Jug Band Christmas
- Fraggle Rock, A Very Merry Fraggle Holiday
- Frosty The Snowman
- Hitched For The Holidays
- Home Alone
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Animated
- It’s Christmas Carol
- Lucky Christmas
- Merry Madagascar
- Miracle At Christmas Abby’s Story
- Miracle on 34th Street
- Mr. St. Nick
- Naughty Or Nice
- On The Second Day Of Christmas
- Recipe For A Perfect Christmas
- Rise Of The Guardians
- Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer
- Santa And Pete
- Santa Clause Is Coming To Town
- Santa Paws
- Shrek The Halls
- Snow Buddies
- Surviving Christmas
- The Case For Christmas
- The Christmas Ornament
- The Holiday
- The National Tree
- The Nativity Story
- The Ref
- The Road To Christmas
- The Santa Clause 2
- The Santa Clause 3
- The Santa Clause
- The Smurfs Holiday Celebration
- The Town Christmas Forgot
- The Wishing Tree
- Trading Christmas
- What’s New Scooby Doo, Merry Scary Holiday
- Winnie The Pooh, A very Merry Poo Year
2. Start shopping for Christmas now. I always start shopping for Christmas right after Christmas to get teacher gifts, but the real shopping starts in July. If you start saving and shopping now it won’t be overwhelming during the holiday. I have a bin I keep in my closet and add gifts to it whenever I get one. To keep things organized and so I remember what I have I make a list of all the people I need to shop for and when I buy them something I add it to my list. That way I’m not forgetting I already bought something. If you make gifts you know this is also a great time to start. If your thinking your kids change their minds and you cant shop early that’s fine, like I said start saving for the times you will shop. Your mental health and wallet will appreciate it. Also realizing 2020 is a strange time, maybe it’s time to discuss shortening your list and maybe doing a gift drawing where you only buy for one family member.
3. On July 25th it would be fun to have a Christmas In July party. I already started prepping for my party.
Buy Bunch O Balloons from Aldi this week for just about $7 for 100 balloons
Buy balloons in red or green from Dollar Tree and buy Red and green plates and napkins. $4
Purchase a cake mix and frosting or make your own from scratch, $3
While at dollar tree get a gift, maybe a fun pair of socks or a coloring book $2
So you see for under $20 you can have a fun time at home. And If your like me you already have school supplies at home that the kids didn’t use, like crayons and markers. Use those to give as a gift or prize. And you could also wrap up bubbles or a box of chalk you have put aside.
you can string up a set of lights around a door and make it a really fun day that you will remember. Take lots of photos and make a photo album to remember the good times you had in 2020.
No matter what you choose to do, I hope you have a great Christmas In July!!!
Summer carnivals and county fairs seems to be canceled this year in some areas. I decided to play games in my backyard for prizes and fry up some funnel cakes. its a fun way to get the taste of summer.
Funnel Cakes/Fried Dough
1 1/2 cups milk
1/8 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
oil for frying
heat oil to 350 degrees
Wisk all ingredients together, just until combined, don’t over mix.
add a bit of mix in a measuring cup with spout
slowly pour the mix into fry pan make circles and then stars to make the dough stick together.
cook until golden brown on one side then with tongs flip to cook other side.
when cooked on both sides add to a cookie sheet immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar.
eat warm and Enjoy!!!
Title: Half-Baked: A Better Late Romance
Author: Eloise Alden
- Print Length: 177 pages
- Publication Date: June 16, 2020
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- ASIN: B0882LPHQL
Source: A copy of this book was provided by the author for review.
Description of Book, from Amazon
Maggie Milne has everything she needs—a loving family, a delightful bakery, good books, and cat food.
But when Stephen Fox, a health food nut, opens a sporting goods store and café across the street and some of Maggie’s loyal customers begin to replace their morning donuts with gluten-free grub, Maggie’s ire, as well as her yeasty rolls, begins to rise.
Fresh off a heart attack and divorce, Stephen Fox needs to change his ways. Now it’s clean-eating and small-town-living for him. Since his relocation to Rancho Allegro, there’s only been one woman who has caught Stephen’s eye: a charming masked woman in a butterfly costume he met at a Mardi Gras party.
Imagine his horror when he learns Maggie, the obnoxious baker who has been trying to ruin his business from day one, is the masked woman he’s been searching for!
It’s double- chocolate donuts meets kefir. Can two people from separate grocery store aisles overcome their differences?
My thoughts on the book
Maggie was invited to a gala by her brother Robbie. Robbie a single doctor required to go brought along his baker and foodie sister. This particular gala was a Mardi Gras party and Maggie was dressed as a butterfly. While at the party a chance encounter introduced her to Zorro, the masked man also known as Stephen Fox, the semi newly divorced health food sporting Goods store owner. Although neither of the two knew it at the time.
After the two strangers were separated the two never realized that the annoying business owner down the street was the masked man and woman they were thinking about. With the help of Tessa, Stephens close family friend and Maggie’s good friend the two would once meet again. But nothing between these two ever went smoothly. Could the pair overcome their differences and do opposites really attract?
A truly enjoyable read. I read this in one day because I could not put the book down. I found that I was rooting for all of the characters to find happiness and I was enjoying the twists and turns they all faced. A laugh at loud book at times with a bit of romance thrown in here and there. I found these characters very likeable and while I believe this book is a stand alone I would love to hear more about the characters and a spin off of the book would be fun. A recommended book.
A copy of this book was provided by the author.
Do you love bacon, but hate the clean up? If your like most people you said yes. I have been enjoying baking bacon in the oven and it’s so fast and hands off with a great crispy result. This is such an easy way to get bacon you will wonder why you haven’t been doing this all along.
Pre-heat oven 400 degrees.
On a foil lined cookie sheet with sides, add slices of bacon that are not touching.
Place bacon in oven 12 minutes. After 12 minutes check to see if the bacon is done. If it is not done keep checking every 30 seconds until done. This is very fast and a few seconds can mean the difference of done and burnt. Mine usually takes about 12 1/2 minutes.
When bacon is done, remove from oven and take out of pan onto a paper napkin lined plate to get rid of excess grease. Make sure you take it out of pan immediately because it will continue to cook in the grease if you don’t.
Texas sheet cake is my favorite cake because of the frosting. This is in my opinion a true fudge frosting and tastes so good melted into this cake. This cake is frosted while the cake is hot so it soaks into the top layer and hardens as it cools making it a delicious combo. It’s great for parties and made in a sheet pan. I love adding sprinkles to the cake for the holidays to spice up the look.
Texas Sheet Cake
2 sticks butter
1 cup water
4 tablespoons baking cocoa
In a saucepan add all the above ingredients. Stir consistently, bring to a boil then remove from heat.
Add 2 cups flour
beat in 2 eggs
mix in 2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda.
Mix to just combined, pour into a greased jelly roll pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
While cake is baking make frosting.
In a large sauce pan bring to boil
1 stick butter
6 tablespoons milk
remove from heat once boiling
add 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 pound confectioner sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
mix well if needed add milk to make the frosting pourable.
When cake is done immediately remove from oven and pour frosting over cake.
If you add sprinkles add immediately after pouring frosting.
Let frosting set and cake cool. slice and Enjoy!!
I have been a fan of BigLots since they had the big remodel about two years ago. I found the store much cleaner and organized and very stylish and in point for decor styles. I find the prices are very competitive and you can get almost anything you need there. I was recently cleaning my back hall when I broke my ceramic umbrella stand. Searching for a new one I just so happened to find a vase in big lots that is galvanized and would fit umbrellas great. If your looking for items to repurpose give BigLots a try. They have great items and a wonderful seasonal section.
This is not sponsored. I just found a great find and wanted to share.
I love Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches. I find it hard to find them at the store they are always sold out. I decided to make my own and add sprinkles for a festive look. Such an easy recipe, but I had to post because they are delicious.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Box of chewy chocolate chip cookies, mine had 24 so this makes 12
vanilla ice cream
Spoon a scoop of ice cream onto a cookie add on to top
add sprinkles to the side and freeze until ready to eat.