When I first started looking up recipes on google I used to find a recipe and print it out and add it to a folder for my to try recipes. One of the first recipes I printed was for Lunch Lady Brownies. I have never tried them until now and kicking myself because they are so good. BEST. BROWNIES. EVER!! I printed the recipe way before I had a blog and so I wish I had the source but unfortunately I don’t but I have seen this foating around quite a few blogs. I am posting in hopes you give it a try and I want to keep this safe because I NEVER want to lost this recipe.
LUNCH LADY BROWNIES
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand-mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Using the paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar. Beat together then add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Don’t over mix. (Batter will be thick)
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting. You want the brownies still warm when you frost them!
For the frosting mix all ingredients together until smooth. Frost brownies while brownies are still warm
Let cool before serving,