I enjoy gardening. There’s nothing more satisfying than planting a seed in the ground, watching it grow and picking the veggies to use in your recipe. I especially like making Zucchini bread. This is a nice moist recipe and I have gotten many compliments. I have frozen this bread. I wrap in plastic wrap then aluminum foil, after the bread is COMPLETELY cool. This is an important step. The bread must be cool before you wrap it for freezing. Enjoy!!
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon all-spice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottoms only of 2 (8×4-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients. Divide batter evenly between 8-inch pans
- Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes ,or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Tips: you can add ½ cup chopped nuts and or ½ cup raisins. I have also added 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and it was delicious.