SEMI-HOMEMADE LEMON CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 box Yellow cake mix, plus the eggs, water and oil that is listed on cake mix
- 1 lemon
For the frosting
- 2 ½ cups confectioner sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cold from fridge
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Prepare cake mix as directed. Then, add zest and juice of one lemon. It gives a slight lemon flavor, add more or less to your liking.
- Bake cake as directed on box.
- Cool cake, then prepare frosting.
- Whip cold cream cheese with softened butter. Add vanilla, then confectioner sugar about ½ cup at a time. I used 2 ½ cups, use 2 cups to start and add more to get the consistency you like.
- Frost cake. I store my cake in the fridge due to the frosting being cream cheese.