Stock up on candy corn, because once you try this candy you will want to make more.
1 pound (16 ounces) candy corn
1 jar, (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter, (my jar was 18 ounces, but I think some are 16 ounces, either will work)
1 bag milk chocolate morsels (see tip below)
- Line a 9X9 inch pan with wax paper
- Melt the candy corn in medium bowl, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth, stir in peanut butter until well mixed, may be hard to mix, but mix until mostly smooth
- Pour into wax paper lined pan
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes or until firm
- Take the candy bars out of pan, cut into bite size pieces.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Use a fork to dip bar into chocolate coat all sides, tap to remove excess chocolate and place on a wax paper lined sheet.
- When you have covered all bars in the chocolate mix, place back in freezer until firm about 10 minutes.
Tips and info. I received this recipe from a friend requesting me to make them for her, not sure of original origin of recipe. The candy corn gives the bars a texture similar to the original candy bar. I found I did not have enough chocolate chips to completely cover all bars, so I just poured the rest on top of the bars I had left over. They were just as good.